Tuesday, March 01, 2011

it's not just simply a market


The stand might look simple, the smile on my face showing 'ahhhhhhhhhhh' but there is a lot of effort that goes into preparing for a market day.  That continual monkey speak in your head....

"will I have enough stock? will the weather hold, will people stop to take a look and get a least one sale!".

The answer is a resounding YES, YES (sort of) and YES.
Amongst a lot of activity. The weather was not kind and the sign got washed out (literally). Note to self: a paper-based sign is not the way to go.

I must thank Carlie at Towradgi Beach Hotel for pushing me into 'my first market!' Thanks girl.

There are more to come.

There were some amazing people that stopped to have a chat, browse and of course buy. A dear friend's mum, Helen was my first sale (thanks a million), a young designer, a talented florist to a wonderful advertising guru and a great bestie came along.  So.... the audience is endless.

I simply cannot leave you all without thanking my sister for coming down a night early and helping with all the stuff. She was a hoot, very energetic, gift of the gab and even threw in a couple of compliments (not used to that and blushed a lot).

Finally a HUGE thank you to all the friends that offered support leading up to the day and put up with all my blah blah about it all.

'til next time. xop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pip - congratulations. your work is beautiful. love miss jojo xxx

blondie said...

Thanks a million jojo. You're a star. xx