Thursday, September 09, 2010

my creative space

It was Father's Day and my hubby's birthday, they fell on the same day... a few days later it was my mum's birthday. This meant there were quite a few gift-y bits to get wrapped. I had some concepts in my head for giving presents "wrapped with a difference", I started with...


Kraft paper stamped with large flower stamp in graphite black. This took a lot longer than I thought but I soldiered on and got the paper part finished. I then grabbed my book from vinnies for $3 "Sabrina the Teenage witch" and and scallop punched one side, concertina folded the page, stapled it and stuck on the gift.


THEN, used some natural twine and added a deep purple felt flower by maya.


I think it looks quite fancy.

Then onto some 'hot right now' bunting...



It does look quite cool don't you think?

Flowers using book text are big right now, so onto the next idea.



I do like brown paper packages wrapped with string, these are a few of my 'now' favourite things.

For more creative excellence head over to Kootoyoo.
'til next time. p

3 comments:

Polkadot Lane said...

Beautiful wrapping. Especially love the bunting trim - so cool!

blondie said...

I love feedback, so thank you. Sometimes you get caught up in your own creative fun. Nice to know it's liked. p

Unknown said...

wow miss pip, you are such a lovely person who has come so far this year, luv your work!!